Events that go beyond a simple tasting. Book Ben for a masterclass in wine or spirits.
Sample Masterclasses Menu
These sample classes represent Ben’s specialist subjects:
- Introduction to White Wine Masterclass
- Introduction to Red Wine Masterclass
- Introduction to Still Wine Masterclass
- English Sparkling Wine Masterclass
- Wines of Eastern Europe Masterclass
- Wines of the Mediterranean Masterclass
- Wines of Japan Masterclass
- Pairing Food with Wine Masterclass
- How to Taste Gin Masterclass
Ben has worked in most areas of the wine trade, so if you’re looking for a more bespoke Masterclass, let us know. Should you be looking for a class on a topic Ben is not familiar with, don’t panic! We have a big book of contacts in the trade and we can point you in the right direction.
Generally speaking, during a Masterclass you will:
- Taste a range of white wines from dry styles to sweet;
- Explore acidity, body, sweetness and tannin;
- Discover some of the most popular styles of white wine;
- Try the wines with cheese to see how they change;
- Learn about white wine-making methods;
- Receive a certificate of completion.
As part of the Masterclass, we provide:
- All expert tasting notes and hosting;
- Professional ISO-type tasting glassware;
- Nibbles, such as bread and cheese;
- Copies of any class lecture materials;
Masterclasses generally last between 1/2 day and a full day. Prices start from £75 per person and full day classes will include lunch if you choose to have it at one of our venue partners.
Our venue partners are based in Bath, Bristol, Oxford or Swindon. However, we can bring a Masterclass to you and cater events UK-wide. Please bear in mind there may be a travel fee for some events.*
How to book:
Please Contact Me to book your Masterclass. All bookings are subject to availability.
Is a Masterclass right for me?
A Masterclass in wine or spirits is for someone who wants a very involved learning experience. They are not snobby sessions, so all you need is a genuine passion for the subject.
If you are simply looking for a private wine tasting event, we run these through my company Novel Wines. You can view those packages here.