Learn about wine with Ben Franks when you book his masterclass private wine tasting. There’s two options you can buy: a face to face masterclass wine tasting in Bath, or a virtual masterclass wine tasting.

Find out more about these options below.

Face to face

Wine tasting masterclass by Ben Franks FRSA

Taste seven wines from all around the world based on Ben’s specialisms in Central & Eastern European, Mediterranean, Asian, South American and English wines.

Wines include a sparkling wine, two white wines, three red wines and a dessert wine.

Wine tasting: £45 per person
minimum of 5 guests, please enquire for smaller parties via link below.

Wine & cheeseboard: £55 per person

Wine & small plates: £95 per person

Location: Bath
Time: 1.5-2 hours
Hosted by Ben Franks, with tasting notes, spittoons and glassware included.

Virtually

Book a virtual tasting event with Ben Franks Wine

Taste three or six wines from all around the world, delivered directly to your door. Then sit back with friends and get involved in a virtual tasting via Zoom, hosted by Ben.

The three bottle selection includes a sparkling wine, a white wine and a red wine.

Upgrade to six bottles and enjoy an extra white and red wine, plus a dessert wine to finish.

Three bottles: £59 per household
minimum of 3 households, please enquire for smaller parties via the link below.

Six bottles: £99 per household

Location: Wherever you are!
Time: 1 hour for 3 wines, 1.5 hours for 6 wines.

Please note, we require 7 days to send you the wines in good time and cannot accept bookings later than this.

Terms and conditions

Bookings and cancellations

  • All bookings are subject to availability.
  • If Ben Franks Wine needs to cancel your event for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
  • If you need to cancel your event, you can do so with a full refund up to 28 days before your event.
  • Events can be postponed subject to Ben Franks Wine’s availability.

Bath venue

  • Face to face tastings are hosted in the city of Bath. You will receive full details of the venue prior to your event.
  • Generally, there is no extra charge for the venue. From time to time, there may be charges on busy times but we will let you know any costs at your time of booking and before you have paid anything.
  • We can come and run the tasting at your accommodation if it is the BA1 or BA2 area only. Any other request may incur a travel and/or venue fee.

Virtual tastings

  • Virtual tastings are hosted on Zoom. If you would prefer to use another platform, please let our team know in advance.
  • Virtual tastings must be booked at least 7 days prior to your tasting event so we can ship the wine to you in good time.
  • Please ensure you have a reliable connection as we will be unable to accommodate for technical difficulties.

Payment

  • Face to face tastings require a deposit of 25% of the full cost to be paid at the time of booking to secure your time and date of event. The remaining balance 75% is due 14 days before your event.
  • Deposits are fully refundable up to 28 days before your tasting event, after which they are no longer refundable if cancelled.
  • Postponed events will be subject to availability but can be arranged at no extra charge.
  • Payments are accepted by credit or debit card, or you can pay by bank transfer.
  • Virtual tastings require the full amount to be paid before any wine is shipped to you and your guests. Once the wine has been sent, the tasting is non-refundable.
  • If you are booking a virtual tasting more than one month in the future, we may ask you to pay a deposit to secure your time and date. This deposit is refundable up to 28 days before your tasting event.